Body Positivity.


Recently there's been a few blogger chats based around body positivity and confidence which leaves me in such a wonderful mood. How lovely are all of the bloggers which join in with the chats?!

 (Answer = very lovely.)
 Anyway, all of these important topics that are discussed over twitter has inspired me to write a blog post on the same theme.

BODY POSITIVITY IS FOR EVERYONE! (!!!!!)


Now I don't want you to think I'm 100% happy with my body, because believe me, I'm not. But I know that I can definitely reach the point where I will be. I'm not sure how long it will take me, but I will get there. I will love every inch, lump, bump, and curve of MY body. And so should you!

The other week I came across an Instagram account belonging to a model called Iskra Lawrence. I just wanted to share my love for her with you all. She is confident, proud, and happy to be in the body and skin she is in. It only takes a few seconds to scroll on her Instagram to see this and it's such a spirit lifter - so I advise you take a look and read all of her captions! She made me realise that it's GOOD TO LOVE YOURSELF. 

I've made a lil' list on ways to help ourselves and each other feel better about ourselves (for anyone that needs it).

- Compliment strangers! This can be pretty scary to do but it could literally make someone's day, or even week! Everyone can admit that they love receiving compliments so no harm done.

- Every time you say something bad about yourself, finish it by saying SOMETHING GOOD. "Ugh, this top doesn't fit any more, it makes me look so fat...BUT, I still look fabulous and it's a gorgeous top so I'm gonna wear it anyway!"

- If someone compliments you, write it down! It would be like having your own mini scrapbook of nice things to remind you that people see the best in you. 

I'm sorry this post was kind of rambly and not very structured, but I just wanted to say that it's really wonderful to see blog chats focusing on this topic and that everyone gets involved with honesty and open minds. It's lovely to see compliments being thrown left, right and centre. So, KEEP IT UP LADIES.

Claire 

Popular Posts