My April Ramble.


Wow, I can't believe how quickly this month has gone! In fact, I can't believe how fast this YEAR is going?! Far too fast for my liking...and because of this, I am going to start doing a monthly review on my blog.


I always scroll through my bloglovin' feed and particularly enjoy reading monthly reviews and keeping up to date with my favourite bloggers. My favourite post I have seen this month has been from Mimmi - you can find her post over at her blog Muted Mornings. Because of her inspiring me I have decided to do a similar post!

General life update: I have had such a hectic month with all of my uni coursework and deadlines. But as of today, I HAVE FINISHED MY SECOND YEAR OF UNIVERSITY. How crazy is that?! I really do not feel prepared to be finishing, and coming back as a third year after Summer. It only seems like a second ago since I was stepping into my new student accommodation as a fresher and pinning up all of my freebie "I love vodka" posters. (oh how I miss the first year life.) I should have believed everybody who warned me how quickly it goes. So take it from me...SAVOUR EVERY GOD DAMN SECOND. I have been pretty pleased with the grades I've been getting so far, and I hope my final grades turn out the same. I took part in my first ever Photography exhibtion yesterday and it was fab! (!!) I think I will schedule to do a blog post on all of my work that I've been doing to show anyone who is interested. Anyway, that's pretty much everything that's been happening in my life. Work, work, work, and more work.



Reading: This month I finished reading "Eleanor and Park" by Rainbow Rowell. I had seen a few quotes from this book posted around Instagram and it instantly drew me in.

“Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.” 
 I had high expectations of this book, and although there wasn't a huge story line, it was still a lovely and easy read. Perfect for Easter!


Watching: Me and my boyfriend are netflix/TV/film obsessed. We literally plan when and where we are going to watch every TV episode we can possibly manage to fit in between eating, sleeping, working and breathing. My favourite this month has been Made in Chelsea. (OBVIOUSLY.) I have also been watching The Island with Bear Grylls, First Dates, and I even watched my first ever episode of Game of Thrones! (a bit late on the hype I know...)

Listening: At the start of April I finally got the honour to watch and listen to my boyfriend and his band play a gig in Newcastle. It was super! (!) *proud girlfriend fangirl moment*...If you fancy checking Kashmir's music out then find it here.


Buying: I've spent so much money on getting my photography work printed and exhibited that I've had to save my money and basically buy nothing exciting, ugh.

Planning: As I've got two summer placements lined up before returning back to University for my third year, I've been planning as much as I can for May as it's the only free month I will have to do whatever I want. I will be going to centre parcs with my boyfriend and his family which will be niiceee.

Eating: I've been eating, like..everything? I was hoping to start making healthy smoothies but never got round to it. So this is something I could try and do in May!

Wanting: I'm obsessed with pretty makeup at the moment. I feel like when I have no money, everything seems 1000x more appealing. EUGH, LIFE.

Idolising: At the moment my role model is @iamiskra on Instagram. She's a model who promotes self confidence and loving your own body! She encourages me to be a little happier about the skin I am in, and I'm hope this continues! If you ever need a confidence boost then definitely go and check her out.

So that's my month in a review. It's been a stressful, busy, but very enjoyable month, and I can't wait to see what May has in store for me!

How has your April been?

Claire 

Popular Posts