The Skin Care Secrets Of A Beauty Blogger*



It's time. The oh-so scary, no makeup season HAS ARRIVED. 
When Farfetch approached me, asking me to share my beauty expertise on how to maintain beautiful skin for the summer, I was more than happy to share my skin care secrets with you all.
But you have to promise me that it stays between me and you, okay?
These tips are basically the ten (well, 5) commandments of beauty, so I hope you have your notebooks ready!


Here we go.

1) I'm going to start with my biggest and most favourite skin care secret. Vaseline. Wow, even the word makes me shiver at the spine. Vaseline can be your BEST FRIEND. It can be used for anything. Need a moisturiser? Vaseline. Dry lips? Vaseline. Want longer lashes? Vaseline. I even use it as a pre makeup moisturiser and primer! I LOVE it. I suffer quite badly from eczema, but vaseline is the perfect, unscented product that can add moisture to my skin without making my eczma get worse. If you think Vaseline is a thing of the past, you're completely wrong.

2) BODY BUTTER. As well as being a Vaseline freak, (admit it, you thought that) I also am such a bad body butter and body cream hoarder.  Every Christmas I seem to get heaps of skincare boxes filled with body creams. The Body Shop has an amazing selection of lotions, my favourite being Coconut Butter. Another one of my absolute favourites is the Marc Jacobs Daisy Body Lotion. Everyone recognises the Daisy scent as such a summer go to, and this body lotion has a hint of glitter in it so leaves your skin all pretty and sparkly - perfect for the summer holidays! Farfetch also have an incredible selection of body lotion products which you must get your hands on! Have a browse of them here. I really recommend them as they're great quality and very trustworthy. 

3) I'm actually quite lucky that I don't get many spots on my face at all. I'm not 100% sure on the reason, but my guess would be pure luck, mixed with the fact I let my skin b-r-e-a-t-h-e. I make sure I have days where I put no makeup on whatsoever. If you're ever having a lazy day, or are just nipping to the shop for ten minutes, don't put makeup on! I went for a walk the other day with no makeup on, and you know what...I actually felt the difference! The breeze on my cheeks felt so refreshing and it just felt like it was doing my skin a lot of good. In all honesty, I don't use many face cleansing products either. I stick to my main makeup removers and one face moisturiser of my choice (*cough* Vaseline) and that does me just fine.

4) Following from my previous point, the best way to keep your skin feeling and looking fresh and smooth for summer is to make sure you take your makeup off before you go to bed. Now we all have those naughty days (including myself) where we are too tired to even think about the amount of products plastered onto our skin, let alone begin to remove it! So we crawl into bed and wake up with mascara smudged across our faces. Erm, not a good look. And not good for your skin either! Farfetch have SUCH a wide variety of skin cleansers. I've never seen anywhere where I've felt so spoilt for choice before! Take a look at them all here! As well as Farfetch having amazing cleansing products, there's also some others I would suggest. Before I go to bed I like to use Nivea Visage Cleansing Wipes for dry and sensitive skin. I've been through all of the wipes and cleanses you could possibly name, but these wipes are my loyal companions and will stay this way. These wipes cleanse, tone and re-hydrate your skin all in one wipe and you just cannot get better than that. 

5) For a relaxing and pampering treat, face masks are always really great to use. They're so easy to find from high street stores for £1 or under. As well as it being a treat for your skin, it can also be a fun way to meet up with friends and have a night in. I'd actually love to try some more expensive, better quality face masks or exfoliation products. If any of you have any suggestions then please feel free to comment!-I'd love to know! I've been scrolling through the face masks on the Farfetch website and some of them sound so interesting. I definitely need them in my life. The Skinesis Overnight Exfoliating Booster really takes my fancy. Is there anything that has caught your eyes? 


So there we have it, my skin care secrets. I hope they can become as useful and valuable to you as they are to me.

Let's embrace the no makeup, beach ready, natural look together!

Much love,
Claire 


Popular Posts