My evening skin care routine


Hello lovelies.
I often see bloggers post about their intricate and carefully planned out skin care routines and then I look at my dried up make up wipes that I accidentally left out the night before after drunkenly crawling in from my night out. 
Well, that's if I even bothered to take my makeup off. I KNOW RIGHT?! Such a crime.

So this is where I knew I was going wrong. The spots weren't on my face for no reason at all. IT WAS BECAUSE I WASN'T LOOKING AFTER MY SKIN. So I gave myself an evening skin care routine and now you're about to have the pleasure of reading through it!

Step One - Remove Makeup


I posted on my Instagram recently about purchasing the new Micellar cleansing gel wash by Garnier. Everyone hypes about the cleansing water so much, but PLOT TWIST...it doesn't work for me. However this gel is UNREAL. It removes makeup so quickly and easily with just a few wipes! I really do recommend it to everyone.

STEP TWO - WASH 


My next step is the good old washing of the face with a bar of soap. This special bar of soap was kindly sent to me by BabylonTree. (A big thankyou goes their way!) I was allowed to choose my own scent of soap from their fabulous collection- in the end I settled for the Manuka Honey & Oats soap, and I'm so glad I went with this decision! It smells incredible. In case you didn't know, Babylon Tree is a brand that provide hand made, all natural and all pure soaps, and many other skin care products. Each soap is hand crafted using oils, herbs and extracts that really do benefit your skin. Not only that, BUT LOOK HOW PRETTY THE BAR OF SOAP IS. Almost so good you could eat it right?! Yum.

Check Babylon Tree out on social media!



I then use this Nivea Cleansing Cream Wash which has really helped my skin clear up and feel smoother. You can't go wrong with Nivea gals and boys!

Step Three - Face Mask



If I decided to have a nice long bubble bath after a long day of University work then I will relax with a face mask on. You can usually get them for 99p at any body/health store so that's a major win win. Lathering gooey, strawberry smelling mush onto my face...
GO ON THEN. (How it's relaxing I have no idea...but y'know, gotta go with the flooow)

Step Four - Moisturise 



The last step of my routine is to moisturise. My skin is quite sensitive and I suffer from eczema on the regular (ugh...HATIN' LIFE) so I have to use a simple moisturiser so I don't spend the rest of my week itching like crazy. Vaseline is my safest bet, and it's a bloomin' good one at that. It will forever be a loyal companion to me.

So that's my pretty simple, but very kind evening skin care routine!

Saying that, now it's 11PM in the evening so I better get going and not fall back into my bad habits of forgetting to take my makeup off. 
Yikes.

Much love!
Claire 

Popular Posts