Why Instagram Pods are TOTALLY OKAY





Ah. Instagram.
Where oh where do I begin?
The largest, trendiest, easiest and most popular photo sharing platform, all right beneath or thumbs. I could spend hours endlessly scrolling through the pretty, filtered photo's of avocados, ibiza rooftops and selfies of social media queens, who all seem to be part of some secret magic club that gives them the most photogenic pose I've ever seen in my life.

HOW DID SHE TILT HER HEAD THAT FAR BACK WITHOUT HER NECK SNAPPING.

WHERE IS HER LIPSTICK FROM?

HOW IS HER BUM SO BIG???



Instagram is some sort of big black hole that I constantly find myself being sucked into. It's almost a puzzle to me...a fun game. How many likes can I get? Do my followers actually engage? Why is my following count as turbulent as my mood swings?
 You know what I mean.

Hashtags, following sprees, shameless self promo, we've all been there. And to be quite honest, most of us STILL don't know how this mysterious app actually works. #L4L and all that. Christ, I feel like I'm in year seven and my MSN name is in need of a little update.

However recently, I've been introduced to Instagram Pods. If you are yet to come across an Instagram Pod, it's basically a little group chat on Instagram where you can add your friends, fellow bloggers, or anyone who takes your fancy (ooo I might even add my boyfriend into one) who can then instantly see what you post. All you have to do is send your latest posts straight to the chat. And VWUH-LAH. They all see it straight away and can like/comment/do whatever the hec they want.

Now I've seen quite a few bloggers in the blogging community suggesting that this is fake engagement. Maybe you think that, maybe you don't. But this post is all about expressing my opinion as to why they are TOTALLY OKAY.

Once you're added to a pod, you aren't FORCED to like or comment on anything. It's just a much easier way to see posts quickly. And quite often, you are only added to pods of people you usually engage with. I've been added to a few Instagram Pods lately and the support and encouragement from other bloggers is incredible! We all chat, share, and give some gal loving to each other; because that's exactly what they are for! 
SPREADIN' THE LUUUURV. 
Since joining these pods I've seen my engagement levels sky rocket. That's not fake, that's just getting the right people and the right accounts to appreciate what you post!

What do you think about Instagram Pods? Are you part of any? Would you like to be?

Let me know what you think!

Claire 

Popular Posts