HUD FRESH






Okay okay, I admit it...I'm a total University cling on. And y'know what? I'm god damn proud of that because being a student at The University of Huddersfield was the best three years of my life...and I'm not quite ready to let go of that. Not just yet anyway.

There's just something about eating leftover dominos for breakfast and rocking up to your 9AM lecture either still drunk, or seriously hungover. It never loses it's novelty.

So when I saw that there was a brand new freshers fair, Hud Fresh, I was THERE. And when I mean I was there...I mean I was running around with my bag collecting as much free stuff as I possibly could. Because that's what freshers is all about. I mean...COME ON GUYS, MCDONALDS WAS THERE. And after my third bag of free chicken nuggets I decided that maybe mixing my outfit up to disguise myself wasn't actually working. And that maybe I should just embrace the fact that I bloody love food. 

What diet????

Anyways, this freshers fair was super cool because all the bars and clubs (and other snazzy brands) all clubbed together to bring us a day filled with freebies, entertainment, and laughs! (Oh, and insaaaaaneeee music by the DJ's) 

I don't usually write blog posts about days out, but because I miss Uni so much writing this is kind of giving me that hope that I can still join in with the student life. (ha) And I enjoyed today so much that I wanted to share it with you guys too! 




I really loved this event because it proved that the staff from each bar were really friendly, and they want to create a welcoming and safe environment for us all. (Us all meaning you freshers...not old biddie graduates like myself.) It felt like a really lovely community coming together, and they had one focal point...and that was US. 

I basically spent 99% of my life as a student in Five Bar and Tokyo's night club (I think I did anyway...one too many jager bombs fades my memory...but my 100 second snapchat haunting me in the morning when I wake up proves that I was more than happy dancing on my own to every Tom Zanetti song under the sun.) - ha, I wouldn't have it any other way.



^ Evidence of me loving life in Five Bar (you knoooow)

Anyway, less of me blabbering on about myself, and more chat about Hud Fresh - because that's what this post is all about! 




The line up this freshers fair was amazing! -

  • McDonalds
  • Pizza Hut
  • Five Bar
  • Tokyo 
  • Rhubarb
  • Prep
  • Revolution
  • Red Bull
  • Cashino
  • Mavericks
  • Let's Get Funked
  • Verve Bar
  • Turtle Bay
  • Easy Tan
  • Oh...and the famous Danny T (!!!)

Can I get a hell YES to that line up? What more can you want? (???)

Each stall were providing different freebies and entertainment...they were all so unique which made it even more exciting having a stroll round!

Here's a lil' snapshot of my day...and what kind of stuff was there! 

McDonalds



McDonalds were giving out thousands of vouchers (I have about 50 in my bag YAY) and also chicken nuggets! Oh, and FYI, they'll be there again tomorrow so I suggest you pop by and grab as much free food as you can get! You'll thank me later hun.

Pizza Hut






Pizza Hut were also giving out free pizza and discount vouchers...so if you're like me and class 50% off vouchers as ACTUAL gold dust...then get yourselves down! These vouchers will definitely sort my pizza craving out every few weeks (or days...)

Five Bar









Five Bar were also handing out TONS of free stuff, including sweets and a glass that will come in super handy at all those pre drinking sessions. They also had a craaaaazyyyyy magician which was so cool to see - and totally worth dropping by for! I didn't expect to see a magician at a freshers fair so this was an amazing surprise! They also have a huge line up for freshers week (which you can see on the leaflet I added a photo of.) God, why do I have to be working full time now? I WANT TO GO OUT AND PARTY.

Tokyo






Tokyo were running a a different competition every hour offering up so many prizes such as free entry FOR A YEAR, free tickets, free booze! (FREE EVERYTHING.) They're also offering a free VIP BOOTH for a lucky winner, on the night when James Hype plays his DJ set!  so make sure you go and enter! Oh, and I LOVED stocking up on my supply of harribos from their stall. Tokyo also have a CRAZY week ahead...opening EVERY night this week! If you don't make it to the number one club during freshers week then I'm sorry, but I just cannot give you the fresher of the week award. (And that's a bloody good award to get.) Tokyo became my second home (or probably my first to be quite honest) during Univeristy...and I don't intend that on changing any time soon!

Rhubarb 




Rhubarb were a fab host for the freshers event, and I enjoyed one too many free shots! Alcohol at 12 o clock? Don't mind if I do...
The fire breather outside was incredible as well...GUUUURL...(literally on FIY-AH.)

Prep



Oh hey cheesy pasta. Oh hey eat-as-many-carbs-as-you-can week.

Revolution



Revolution is my number one spot for those girly cocktail nights. Let's Get Funked runs every Tuesday night too, which is always an excuse to get super drunk. Also, can I have a bunch of these balloons for my room please? Because...I really do love vodka. 

Red Bull








I am OBSESSED with red bull. And I'm now obsessed with red bull mocktails. I chose to have a strawberry, pineapple, lemon and syrup mocktail and OH LORDEH it was beautiful. Cheers red bull.


DJ Danny T was on the decks which was amaaaazing. Hud Fresh has literally given everything we could ask for right there on a plate. It's such an alternative and FUN kind of freshers fair. It's basically a day sesh where people throw free stuff at you every second. 
H e a v e n.
How can you say no to that?

There were SO many more stalls and amazing things to look out for - but I don't want to give too much away, so go and see for yourself! It's open again TOMORROW and you really don't wanna miss out.

Just call me your freshers Aunt Guru. Enjoy your freshers week because it'll most likely be one of the best weeks of your life!

Claire 

Popular Posts